Western Disposal is continuing to provide both residential and commercial collection during the State of Colorado’s Stay-at-Home order. Things aren’t entirely “business as usual” though — please help us out by following these guidelines:
- DO bag and tie your trash: this protects our workers from handling infectious trash and causing inadvertent transmission.
- DO empty and rinse all liquids from recyclables: residual liquids can carry viruses and bacteria.
- DO put contaminated tissues and paper towels directly in the trash: it’s important to properly dispose of tissue and paper towels used by quarantined individuals.
- DO observe social distance with our workforce: for their safety and yours, please keep at least a 6-foot distance between yourself and others when interacting.
- DON’T bag recyclables: the bags can accumulate residual liquids that can carry viruses and bacteria.
- DON’T place used medical masks, protective gloves and other PPE in your recycling or compost bin: simply put them in the trash.
- DON’T put disinfecting wipes in your compost: the chemicals destroy the good bacteria required for successful composting.
Our office is fully staffed and ready to serve you. Contact customer service at 303-444-2037 to pay a bill or to order services.
If you’re using your time at home to clear out your closets, yard or garage, please note we are continuing to offer bulky item collection curbside and temporary dumpster service. Give customer service a call at 303-444-2037 for a quote or to schedule a collection.
Public Drop Off at Western’s Trash Recycle Center
You can still drop off material at our public drop off located at 5880 Butte Mill Road, Boulder; hours of operation can be found here. We have added a “sneeze window” at the scale house to reduce the possibility of virus transmission during transactions, and scale house attendants are wearing gloves.
Thank you for being our customer. If you have any questions call 303-444-2037 or send us an email.