If you cannot fit all your trash into your cart with the lid closed, your options are guided by your local service area ordinance requirements:
Option 1: Put your extra trash in a 32-gallon bag or can and set it out on collection day. You will be billed per 32-gallon container on your next bill.
Option 2: Buy Extra Trash Stickers in advance for each 32-gallon bag from Western Disposal and save over 25% over Option 1. Extra trash stickers are available to all customers with regularly scheduled weekly pickup. They are not available to prepaid bag customers. How to get your stickers:
- Call us and we will mail them to you (minimum order of 5). You will receive a charge on your next bill.
- Stop by our office to buy stickers (no minimum).
- Put stickers on bags or on the trash as each sticker represents payment for one 32-gallon unit of trash. Large items, such as sofas, mattresses, etc., are charged on a per-item basis.
- Stickers may not be used in lieu of payment of your bill or on large items.
If you frequently have extra trash for collection (more than two bags per month), you may want to increase your level of service. If this is the case, please call our Customer Service Department at 303-444-2037 for options.
There is no charge for the collection of extra recyclables that won’t fit in your cart. Put them in recycling bins, boxes (no larger than 2’x2’x2’) or paper bags and stack this beside your regular recycling cart. Please do not put them in plastic bags.
Have Extra Recyclables Almost Every Week?
If you have a 32- or 64-gallon recyclables cart and need more capacity, you can get a 96-gallon cart at no extra charge. If you need more than one 96-gallon cart for your recyclables there is a small fee due to the cost of the carts and their maintenance. Click here or call 303-444-2037 to order an additional recycle cart.
Wheeled carts make collecting and transporting yard waste convenient and safe. If you have a 32- or 64-gallon cart and need more capacity, you can trade up to a 96-gallon cart – call us at 303-444-2037 for details.
If you regularly have more than the designated amount of compostables included in your service, you may increase your service level for an additional fee in some areas, which is less than the cost of additional trash service.
If you occasionally have more compostables for collection than can fit in your cart, we suggest you space out the material for collection one cartful at a time over several weeks. Or, you may set out additional material in compostable bags and/or bundle your branches. Note: this option may involve an additional fee depending on your service area. Call us at 303-444-2037 to check.
Note on extra compostables:
- No plastic bags or plastic twine.
- Compostable bags only!
Do you need to buy compostable bags? (click here)
What do you do if you have a large item that won’t fit in your cart, such as a sofa, mattress or an appliance?
- Western collects large and unusual items for an additional charge. To get information on pricing and to schedule a large or bulky item to be collected, call us at 303-444-2037.