From custom containers to sorting services and collection, Western Disposal has what you need to hold a successful zero waste event.
What do Zero Waste services include?
- A free, no obligation consultation
- Event planning and staff training
- Recyclable boxes and color-coded bags for recycling, compost and trash
- On-site delivery and pick-up of dumpster or roll-off
- A success summary which includes material quantities generated and a waste diversion report
For complete details on rates and availability, or to set up your service, call Kevin Afflerbaugh at (303) 448-2332 or complete the form below (a representative will contact you within two business days):
Why Choose Western for Zero Waste Services?
Western Disposal is Boulder County’s partner in environmental sustainability and our business practices reflect that commitment:
- We offset 100% of our electric consumption with wind and solar
- The organic material we collect is processed into compost right on our Boulder campus and distributed back into the community
- Our internal diversion rate is over 90%
- 45% of our fleet runs on natural gas
- We utilize route-optimizing technology resulting in fewer vehicle miles traveled
- We’ve been a local employer for over 45 years!
Leading the Way to a Better Environment
At Western, environmental stewardship is a core value that comes alive in sustainable business practices:
- Renewable Power – 100% of our electricity comes from wind and solar
- Clean-burning Fuel – almost 50% of our fleet runs on natural gas
- Fewer vehicle miles traveled – locally based and running on route-optimizing software
- Reducing greenhouse gases – all organic material is processed at our local compost facility diverting over 18,000 tons annually
- Employee involvement – 90% of our office waste is diverted from the landfill