Western Disposal partners with Shred-It, a document destruction company, to offer free shredding of confidential materials; other recyclables are not accepted.
WHO: For Western Disposal residential customers only; events are not open to the general public.
WHAT: Bring your confidential materials such as tax returns, medical forms, bank statements, etc., for safe and secure destruction.
- Volume limit: 5 copy boxes or 32-gallon bags weighing no more than 35 lbs. each
- No separating required
- Clips and staples are okay
- Folders and notebooks are okay. No 3-ring binders please!
- No phone books, catalogs or magazines
- No electronic media—paper documents only.
WHERE: Western Disposal’s Trash and Recycle Center, 5880 Butte Mill Road, Boulder
WHEN: Events are scheduled on Sundays so that we are not competing with the traffic of our own equipment and the public bringing in trash and recyclable materials.
- Sunday, June 7th, 2020
- Sunday, August 2nd, 2020
- Sunday, October 4th, 2020
- 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
During our shred events, volunteers for the Western Disposal & Associates Foundation will be on hand collecting donations. This Foundation was established to provide resources to local children in need, assisting them in participating more fully and equitably in activities that enrich and improve their lives. Your spare change can change lives!