Western Disposal partners with Shred-It, a document destruction company, to offer free shredding of confidential materials; other recyclables are not accepted.
WHO: For Western Disposal residential customers only; events are not open to the general public.
WHAT: Bring your confidential materials such as tax returns, medical forms, bank statements, etc., for safe and secure destruction.
- Volume limit: 5 copy boxes or 32-gallon bags weighing no more than 35 lbs. each
- No separating required
- Clips and staples are okay
- Folders and notebooks are okay. No 3-ring binders please!
- No phone books, catalogs or magazines
- No electronic media—paper documents only.
WHERE: Western Disposal’s Trash and Recycle Center, 5880 Butte Mill Road, Boulder
WHEN: Events are scheduled on Sundays so that we are not competing with the traffic of our own equipment and the public bringing in trash and recyclable materials.
- Sunday, June 2nd, 2019
- Sunday, August 4th, 2019
- Sunday, October 6th, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.
During our shred events, volunteers for Crayons to Calculators will be on hand collecting donations. This important program provides backpacks filled with school supplies to low income students throughout the Boulder and St. Vrain Valley school districts.