Compost is organic matter; a soil amendment integral to keeping your soil thriving and your plants healthy.
Adding compost to your lawn, garden, trees and shrubs:
- Reduces watering requirements in both sandy and clay soils by increasing the capacity of soil to hold moisture
- Supports cation exchange enhancing and regenerating depleted soils
- Improves soil structure creating a better environment for root systems
- Filters and binds contaminates
- Introduces beneficial microorganisms
- Depending on specific plant nutrient requirements, may reduce the need for fertilizers
For overall soil health and plant vigor, the US Composting Council recommends augmenting your soil to 5% organic matter. Western’s compost is made with 100% locally collected material and carries the Council’s Seal of Testing Assurance; it is an excellent (and economical!) way to achieve 5%.
Want some? For more information on compost pricing, pickup or delivery give us a call at (303) 444-2037.
How to Use Compost
The experts at the US Composting Council have developed an easy to use guide for home and garden compost application. Western’s compost falls in range with the compost product parameters specified by the US Composting Council’s Consumer Use Program. See our helpful resources to the right.